Thursday, March 6, 2014

Peripheral Vision


I've been alone too long. My peripheral vision keeps fucking with me and I see shadows move in the dark. There's nothing there when I look. Are they just my imagination or am I losing it?

I had a horrible nightmare the other day when I fell asleep after running errands. In it I was driving some car down a busy highway. Lightning struck my windshield and everything went dark. I could still feel the car around me but all I could see was this blinding jagged cut in the windshield. Sound was crushing my ear drums. Just this unbelievable droning of crashes and booms. I tried to stop the car when I got struck by the lightning but I lost control of it. It seemed to act on it's on, accelerating and swerving all by itself. Eventually the light from the windshield faded and the I went deaf from the sound. All I was left with was the sensation of running over everything in my path. The car felt like it was running over bodies but I couldn't see hear screams and I couldn't see. The car took me faster and faster until it spun out wildly and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment